Wednesday, March 10, 2010

To: Sarah (Daughter)
From: Elaine (Mom)
Subject: How're Your Going?
Sunday 7th March

Chris and Ailsa came over for tea last night and that was very pleasant. We had a lamb curry pie and a chicken and leek pie, both from the butchers. We had to have them because Dad and I had a chicken and leek pie during the week which unfortunately I dropped as I was taking it out of the oven. It splattered everywhere. it was just like someone had vomited a whole pie. I was on my hands and knees scraping it back together with both hands when Dad appeared, uttered a heart-rending cry of "nooooooo" and then said we'd have egg with our chips instead. He was so mad and I thought it was so funny but I daren't laugh - it would not have been appropriate, but it was really funny. It was like I was trying to juggle with this damn thing but it got out of control. So we had one last night instead and I wasn't allowed anywhere near it.

No comments: